The World Cup

Berlin Travel Blog

Wow, the stadium looked great and the crowds were reved up. I think many of you saw the head butt that was shown around the world. I was excited about the game as just kept moving. We were about 20 rows up on the pitch. The Most famous person I saw there was Bill Clinton sitting up top in the press box. Some people just have it so good. My friends and I love to guess, well, strtegically think who will take the cup. I won by choosing Italy which means they will all have to pitch in for my ticket to the game in S Africa. I am not sure if we will get the final game, but we will try. The only reason we got to go the final here was because a friend lived very close to the stadium and we would not have to pay for housing. Cheap, yes, but oh well.

I have been to other World Cups in France and Japan. When in France I bought these cool bottles of wine that had a soccerball for the base and the Eiffel Tower on top. Sounds kind of strange, but it was the best souvenir there. My European friends all laughed at me as I toted that thing half way around Europe. When it was all said and over, each one asked if they could buy it from me, of course I said no. I still have that thing today.

Looking forward to 2010.
FR-ank says:
lookin' forward too :)
hope I can go to SA for 2010 ;)
Posted on: Jun 30, 2008