oh yeah

Berlin Travel Blog

yesterday we went to the berlin zooooo!!!! oh yeah! i saw lions and tigers and bears! oh my

last night we went on the pub crawl and it was fun.  the austrains came.  i danced with this guy in the rock and roll room of this club called the matrix and he was really into tradional american rock and roll dancing so he taught me a lot of fun moves.  he was french.

today we ate tofu!!!!!   first time in europe!!!!!  yummmmmmyyyyyyyy.   then we went to the jewish museum which was so amaying that we didnt even get through half of it beore they kicked us out because it was closing.  it made me so mad and upset.  it was really the most inteesting and affective museum  ive been in!  so we decided ew willl go back tomorrow to finish the rest of the museum.  it was so great that i had to read everything and thats why we were so slow going through it.  tonight ew are just haning out with our austrian friends and some christians and drinking some wine.  tomorrow we will go to the pergamon and back to the jewish museum.   and then to prague!

oh yeah i got this travelevers prayer from the jewish museum.  its a keychain with a prayer.  it says "may it be the will of our god, hashem, and the god of our forefathers, that you lead us towards peace and guide us in peace.  may we arrive at our destination in safety and tranquillity.  may you rescue us from evil and harm.  may you bless us and bestow mercy and kindness upon us.  may you hear our prayers.  blessed are you god hashem, who hears prayers."

its a great prayer, although i might not take it as literally and traditionally as its said, i still feel the general feeling from the prayer and understand it meaning greatly.  learning more about judaism its really showed me how i have very simililar thoughts yet i feel them more a personal manner.   does that make sense?? i feel these feelings but i dont particularly pray to a god but rather within myself because i know im capable of achieving such great and blessed things on my own.  this whole trip has been wonderful and instead of looking towards a god i look towards myself for safety and peace and guidance.  i really feel like a lucky individual.  but i trust in my self and my own abilities.

alexaragon says:
Paean, you are so awesome!
I love you.