Flying out!

Washington Travel Blog

And we're off!!!!!!!  I think this is the first time I flew U.S. Airways and I was kind of impressed.... small plane, leather seats, non-stop to D.C.

We arrive and Julia and Lindsay show up in the 'stang with the top down.  It was a challenge to cram our stuff in the trunk and then fit us all in to the tiny car.  I ended up in the back seat folded up like a pretzle, but hey, it was vacation!  We dropped our stuff off at Lindsay's apartment in Alexandria and headed out to meet her friends at a bar called the Bungalow.  We tried a couple of the local beers and Kate and I even made it off with stolen pint glasses!  After the Bungalow, we walked around the Shirlington area and headed to grab dinner at Busboys and Poets.

Rachel and Julia
  After more beer and food, and checking out the hilarious political cartoons on the way to the bathroom, we paid our check and headed out to see the "luxury apartments" Lindsay rents out.

And now I understand why they are luxury.  They were pretty freaking cool, if you like the light wood floors and exposed vent work and ceilings.  I could live in a place like that if I made three times the salary I'm making now.  But hey, who knows, maybe in D.C. I'm worth that much.  (HAHAHAHA, not likely).

After getting the tour we headed to a Harris Teeter (this makes me giggle every time) to buy some beer and head home.  Figured that it was the first night and we didn't want to waste all the energy on night number uno.   More later.  -rachel

travelchic1982 says:
Ah ha! I see you have already updated this. Have a great time!
Posted on: Sep 28, 2007
Kate_Rach says:
two more days!!!!!!!
Posted on: Sep 25, 2007
Lindsay and Kate
Lindsay and Kate
Kate, Julia, and Lindsay
Kate, Julia, and Lindsay
Lindsay, Julia, Rachel, and Kate a…
Lindsay, Julia, Rachel, and Kate …
Washington