My last Guiness, my last craic and my last dance. Back to the US!

Dublin Travel Blog

Back to Dublin for one last round of pints

And from Glendalough, we played Hangman for the rest of the duration of the bus (I was the STAR!) until we reached Dublin. We were to reach Dublin at 6pm but we were well ahead...reaching by 4pm. This caused frustration amongst  many people as the real reason we reached this early was because Pike had to fly back to Manchester. Goodbye's done, I headed towards my hostel.

My room was booked at Barnacles, great to be back only this time I had to make do with a higher floor (yawn!). I settled in, thought I'd have a quick shower but I felt very sleepy and actually napped for a while. The shame! What's worse is that my stupid mobile ran out of minutes and I couldn't for the life of me find a T-Mobile store in Dublin! Anyway I had told Claire, Martin and the rest of the "drinkers group" that  I'd meet them at a pub opposite Kinlay House. I had a shepherd's pie with Claire and Martin.

The rest of the group showed up and after dinner, Jodi and the German girl went back to the hostel as they had early flights next morning. We moved to a pub later on where we spent the last few hours drinking and generally reminiscing on the lovely week gone by. It felt great, the whole experience.

I said my goodbyes and got into the hostel at around 2am. I slept for about a couple of hours (being woken in btn by 3 noisy drunk girls who were my roommates) and woke up by 4:30am. The cab picked me up  to the Dublin airport, my Ryanair flight took off by 8am. I was in London by 9:10am, spent time in Gatwick including a nice meal before I caught my 2pm flight back to DFW.

I was really sleepy on the plane, but the few minutes I woke up, I smiled thinking of just about every day the last month and all the new experiences that came with it. I don't know if I'd ever have such a good time again (although the NZ trip was a-calling) but this was my first budget travel and I loved it. God BLESS the UK and Ireland, cannot wait for my return!

Back to Dublin for one last round …
Back to Dublin for one last round…
photo by: fransglobal