oooooooo...... relief................

Aguas Calientes Travel Blog

I sat down.

Hooooray!!!! We did it!!!!!!  We had a leisurely lunch of pizza (omigod pizza!) in a restaurant in the town and then wandered until late afternoon when we caught our train.  Most of the others went swimming in the hot pools but I didn{t have my togs and had to go back to a bank to get out more money.  And then... yes, it is a small world, I again ran into the Australian couple from Buenos Aires!  We sat down and had a coffee together and found out we were catching the same train back to Cusco.

Aguas Calientes was the prettiest of all the towns I saw in Peru (not that I saw that many).  The streets are cobbled or paved and lined with nice restaurants and stores (ranging from the expensive to very very cheap).  There are heaps of little squares with statues and decorative buildings.  I almost lost my phone by leaving it in an internet cafe but managed to retrieve it from a very polite boy who had pocketed it when I left.  He handed it back without any problems once I asked for it.

The trainride took forever but was a really fn part of the trip.  Everybody was relaxed and happy to have finished the Trail and chatted most of the way back.  It was dark on arrival back in Cusco and after the train zigzagged its way down into the city (back and forth, back and forth, back and forth) our bus dropped the various people off at their hotels and I stumbled into bed.

Aguas Calientes