Two weeks to go...

Christchurch Travel Blog

... and I traipsed off for my final rabies injection today.  Of course I would never be considering getting rabies innoculations if Janneth hadn't been bitten by a dog on her last visit home so I know it's a possibility!  Then again, I'm not likely to be dashing onto the street to help strays that have been run over so I could be safe.  I've picked up my yellow certificate with my jabs listed and (sigh, another thing to do) should probably scan that for emailing to myself as well!

I also found out I can get whatever antibiotics I require from the TravelDoctor without another consultation being required so now just have to decide whether I really do want the antibiotic treatment for bacterial diarrhoea or whether I'm happy to suffer.  euch.

I also started climbing the stairs at work yesterday.  This is going to become two- or three- times daily routine to get myself accustomed to gasping for breath on the Trail.  At the moment my knees haven't protested too much but are definitely considering their options.  It will no doubt be worse once I start going down instead of just up.  And that is 30 flights of stairs, Simon, not 15.  So there.

photo by: Fulla