What a wild life

Denver Travel Blog

 › entry 2 of 4 › view all entries

So today I woke up not knowing what I was going to do.  I thought about finding a church but the closest one was a Luthern and pardon me but that bores me.  So I decided to just go for a walk to the park, or so I thought.  It all started out with a 45 min walk down Yale Ave right by the house.  I had looked online and saw Wadsworth Park wasn't too far.  When I got to where it should be all I saw was a field of grass and a dirt trail off the side of the road, no sign or anything.  So I said to myself, self LOL this is all about adventure so go for it.  I had brought my iPOD so had been jamming the whole way.  What would a little stroll on a dirt trail hurt. 

Well as I walked further I came across a pond (aka swamp) Where Ms Peaches (go to You tube if you don't know her) and her family were setting up their umbrella and fishing poles.  The lady went to say hi to me but instead chicken flew out her mouth.  I figured she was imbarassed so just nodded and kept walking.  I came across 2 police cars talking to a man.  I thought to myself, self (LOL I love doing that) you are either going to get killed or lost today but I'm not sure which.  So I just kept walking. 

The further I walked the deeper into this now wooded area I became.  I then began to see signs for a horse trail and in the distance what looked like to be a parking lot and restrooms.  Had I actually found the park after all?  Well I sure did and what a great place it was.  Turns out it is a National Park that is composed of various smaller parks.  Complete with rustic bridges passing over rushing waters, thick wooded areas and trails to explore nature.  I saw birds, rabbits and squirrels.  I stopped and spoke to the squirrel as it reminded me of my old neighbor Dorothy.  I wasn't sure where I was going but I knew I would get there. I came across two elderly ladies who I stopped to ask where I was and they kindly showed me on the map and then warned me of wild coyotes.  Great one more possible method of death LOL.  I kept walking and smiling just enjoying it all.  By this time I had taken off my iPod so I could listen to the nature and peacefulness.  Up above I could see towering mountains while ahead I saw a flowing stream.  At various points I would pass people running, walking, biking or kids playing in the water or dogs chasing after wildlife.  What a wild life this is I thought.  What a wild life.  Much like my own life I didn't know what was ahead but I knew I would get there. 

It was quite a walk back home as well and after stopping by the store for some food I walked a total of about 12 miles.  I started out at 1:30pm and got home at 7:30pm never stopping once to sit down.  By the end my right knee was really hurting me and I didn't know how I was going to make it home but I knew I would.  Some how some way I would. 

Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!
photo by: crystalware