This is why I am here

Denver Travel Blog

So today I woke up and wasn't sure what I was going to do.  Bret had to do some work and Jeff and Aron both had things.  I got up around 10 and by 10:30 was out the door with my walking shoes and iPOD.  Aron and Jerry had told me about a park not far down the road, Harvey Park, so I walked there first.  It took me about 45min or so to get there.  It was small but nice, had a pond and lots of ducks and people enjoying the area.  I decided to keep walking West where I ran into Sheridan St, I saw a Target so you know me I had to check it out.  Also stopped in the Mile High Thrift store which was really nice.  I went North from there up to Mississippi thinking I would run into the nice shopping center, Del Mar again.  I didn't.  Instead I ended up walking through Little Mexico or something but did find a great little place called The Tamale Kitchen.  I saw quite a few cars parked in front of the little shack so figured it was good and hey this is an adventure so check it out.  I'm sure glad I did, they had great food and apparently are very popular as its counter service but I waited 20min for my food.  It was PACKED !!  They must be doing well since they even have their own website, www.thetamalekitchen.com.  Check it out !!

My walking adventure continued down Mississippi where I came across a yard with horses and another with sheep (check out the pictures).  It was a bit warm so I stopped a few times and got bottled water but ended up making it all the way to Kipling Street.  I wasn't sure where I was but I knew the street name so decided to walk down it.  From there I found a few more lakes, etc and then finally I saw the Bear Creek Trail so I hoped back on that and headed home.  My knee was bothering me at this point but I just kept on going and enjoying the great outdoors.  At one point I was going so slow because of my knee that a woman pushing a baby stroller passed me !!!  That gave me the motivation I needed to pick it up again.  We were headed to a BBQ that night so I actually had Bret come pick me up after I made it back to Wadsworth Road but all in all I did about 15miles that day of pure walking.

We got ready and headed over to Andrew and Stus place for a BBQ.  Quite a few people I knew from past trips where there and even my good buddy Phil.  We had a good time, well till I went to use my reef sandels with a beer opener on them to crack open a Corona which happened to be warm and sprayed EVERYWHERE !!  Talk about embarassing, but oh well I didn't see anyone else with cool sandels that can open things LOL.

From there a group of us headed out to a place for Karaoke, no I didn't sing but sure did have a good time.  Headed home after that and called it a night.  Definately yet another good one.

Denver