Muckross

Killarney Travel Blog

Woke up to a delicious Irish breakfast which included baked beans, potatoes, sausages, toast, tomato and mushrooms.  Afterwards it was off to the Muckross mansion, a HUGE place that belonged to the an English lord back in the day.  he had control over acres and acres of land that the Irish citizens had to payrent and taxes to.  The house is situated on a lakeshore overlooking mountains and little islands in the lake.  You´ll hav eot se the pictures to undertand )will upload when I get a decent computer promise)  There were beautiful gardens and miles of trails.  We walked for bit, took lots of pictures, and chatted with F. dan´s brohter, Sean, who works there.  The tour of the house was pretty neat.
..lots of fine furniture from foregin places. We went to his house, which was part of the mansion and had tea overlooking the incredible view of the garden and lake.

Father Tom, Father Dan´s older brother fame into town later that day and when we got home, we all went to a nice seafood restuarant.  Not super fancy but delicious and resonable prices, considering it was seafood!  Mary, Donie, F. Dan and F. Tom all ordered gin and tonics to start and i drank water...they were shocked but finally got over it.  Father Tom told me to order whatever I wanted, the works.  So to accept the warm invite, i did.  I ordered prawns as a starter and lamb for the entree.  It was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!! i would hihgly recommend this place good food for about 25 euro but it is worth it.  i´ll find out the name cuz i forgot.

Afterwards, we went back to buckleys to meet with F. Dans other brother James (whos daughter just got engaged) and I got to chat with the other daughter who were super nice.  One was married and has kids, the other, jaquline was going ot get married that weekend!  so much going on!  Parties galore! had a pint of guiness and called it macaroni
sephirothgirlie says:
Omg that sounds so pretty !!I want to see!!!

And that food, I believe you when you say good, but lamb's good? really? haha
Posted on: Aug 23, 2007
Eric says:
looking forward to this blog as Ryan and I have not planned our trip at all yet so we are planning to copy tour itinerary! :P
Posted on: Aug 22, 2007