Bauan Travel Blog

Barely awake in the morning |)
After a long drought after my check out, I finally went diving again!  Bernard, who I met while traveling in France earlier this year decided to come to the Philippines to dive - very smart dude, yeah! So it's a good reason as any to dive with him.

Have become quite active with couchsurfing lately.  I don't host a lot but I try to support those who do and show up at gatherings.  Just met a Manila couchsurfer, Ryan.  He's a very enthusiastic scuba diver - a dive master and training to be a scuba instructor so we became good friends.  We organized a weekend diving at Dive and Trek.  I would have been happier to dive somewhere else since it's where I had my check-out but it's alright.  It's my follow-up dive and without my instructor, so I was anxious, just a little.  I half-obligated my friend Lynne (aka Jilltrekker) who's still a bit iffy about diving to come along.  We were all friends, but diving together for the first time.  I understand that Ryan wants to gauge our diving skill since all except himself are new divers with 6 logs at most, thus Dive & Trek.
  Safety first is good. ;)

It was a good weekend. There were 3 other friends who were not divers but took introdiving, so I guess they will soon be divers too.  I can't wait for the next dive. :)

Technical Data:

Time In: 2pm
Bottom Time: 42min

Finish: 1200psi

Remark: Saw turtle swimming

********************************************************************************************

Dive No 6
13 October, 2007
Dive and Trek House Reef

Depth Maximum 86ft.

Visibility 20ft

Time In: 430pm
Bottom Time: 28min

Finish: 1500psi

Remark: Eerie and dark. Looks like a ghost town down there. Bad viz so DM decided to take us out.

Dive No 7
14 October, 2007
Ligpo Island - Pinnacle

Depth Maximum 102ft.

Visibility 80-100ft

Bottom Time: 52min

Finish: 1400psi

Remark: Problem with new mask so had to come out after a few minutes to change.

Dive No 8