the adventure can begin

Altdorf Travel Blog

the flag from my canton "Uri", here in the middle of the street in Altdorf, the capital

it was the time for my trip to Zermatt with my best friend, Fabian. We did it the last time about 3 years ago...too long! so we decided spontaneous to go this weekend, saturday till monday.
i prefered to go early in the morning, because it is a long trip to Zermatt, is is at least 4 hours and it is holiday-season too! but we could not go in the morning because Fabian had motorbike lessons. so then we decided to go as soon as possible in the afternoon and then drive fast and directly to Täsch, the village where you have to park your car and go by train to Zermatt.

so Fabian picked me up at 13:30. i was already waiting for him about one hour, but i forgot about that when i saw whith which car he came ;-) it was his about 30 years old Porsche.

my driver ;-)
hahahaha. it is NOT one of these Carrera 911 cars, it is really an very very very old car and nobody knows when it will break down ;-)
but i love this car, it is always fun to be on the road with it. but when i sat in the car and Fabian started the engine, i changed my opinion! the engine, and especially the clutch sounded like it will break down in the next 5 minutes...so all my optimism was away...but we had no other car we could use, damn! anyway, we are late, we have a long trip, so we decided to try it and i pray that we dont have to stop and start again every 10meters...to save the clutch.

so first we had to go in direction Andermatt, thats on the north-south route trough Switzerland, before San Gottardo. And during holiday-season everyone from Switzerland, Germany, the Netherlands .... and many more come along this way to go to Italy. So we knew -> don't use the "Autobahn" (motorway)! we used the old county-street. but, wha the hell...! there was also an traffic jam! grrrrrrr! so we drove up the mountains very slowly with this almost broken down clutch. i was praying that we arrive Andermatt save! normaly we have a half hour for this distance, but with all this traffic, we had one hour. and it was getting really hot in the car, and we had nothing to drink with us! stupid? i think so, yes!

the flag from my canton Uri, her…
the flag from my canton "Uri", he…
Altdorf