There has to be a way to get to Japan that weekend...

Baku Travel Blog

I am music fanatic.  Before i left the States, I had over 700 CDs before i quit counting.  The great thing about computers and iPods are their abilities to hold a lot of music in a little space.  I sold the CDs before leaving.

Anyway, i was checking out the website of the band Mono, a great post-rock band from Japan.  I wanted to see if they would playing any shows close to where i will be in July and August.  I discover that they are playing the RaidWorld Festival in Tokyo on April 26.  The big thing is they are playing with two of my other favorite bands -- Explosions in the Sky and Envy.  So three of my favorite bands on the same stage and I am here?!??! Crap, i have been racking my brain trying to come up with a way for me to get to Tokyo to see this show, but unfortunately the tv show that I am working on will be filming that day!  Crap! Crap! Crap! Crap! Crap!

Yes, i know it would be crazy for me to travel all the way there for a weekend just to see three of the most incredible bands i have heard play on the same stage, but I have driven 18 hours to see one my favorite musicians play to 15 people in crappy club --  it was the best shows i have ever seen.  I guess i better try to get as many of these episodes done now and maybe i can convince the tv station to give me that week off?  that might be the best plan.

Anyone have any other ideas?
IceTea says:
Cool, a weekend in Tokyo, just like that... so you. :)
Posted on: Oct 31, 2008
vances says:
Can they re-schedule the filming schedule? Perhaps the producer, or whomever the big-wig is on site is also a fan???
Posted on: Mar 07, 2008