Probably Never Happen But Would Be Funny If It Did

Naxcivan Travel Blog

More stuff from my journal.

T
he biggest concern my family and some of my friends have is that I live so close to the Iranian border.  Some people are convinced that some crazed Islamic fundamentalists bent on ji-had will cross the border and kidnap me.  First, let me say that I have met several people from Iran and frankly they are some of the nicest and most likeable people I have met.  As one told me the problem is not with the people but with the governments.  A very true statement.  Another one told me that if it was not for all of the Iranians living in the US and Europe who send money home to their families, the Iranain economy would collapse.  I do not know if it is true, but I do know the Iranian economy is very bad.

Still, it makes me wonder what would happen if i was kidnapped.  The kidnappers could possibly want money and I would expect the ransom request would be around around a million dollars, but knowing the people who know me, they would probably offer the kidnappers fifty thousand to just keep me.  They would probably say something like "You know, that is not a real good return on our investment.  $1,000,000 for Ron.  Here's $50,000 to make sure he gets to watch the Colts games."
Marius1981 says:
its great fun readin this!
btw i was just readin bout azerbaijan. wikipedia said they are muslim. are they really hard core ones or are like the turkish, more open minded and open. are the women wearin vales there?
Posted on: Apr 09, 2008