Honestly, I Love the Flu

Baku Travel Blog

I have been having on-again/off-again bouts of vertigo for the past 6 weeks.  I had two days of no vertigo.  I was exastic and then boom sore throat.  It started last Monday night and I thought it was no big deal.  I have had plenty of sore throats in my days.  By Tuesday night, the lymph nodes under my jaw, in the back of my neck, under my arms and in the inside of my legs had swollen to the size of golf balls.  My throat was so sore that I could not swallow.

I called in sick to work on Wednesday and Thursday.  By Friday morning, only the lymph nodes under my jaw were inflamed, but I still felt bad.  I went to work which was mistake.  I felt that my head was flying around in space somewhere.  Swallowing was difficult.  I should have rested on Saturday, but I went and did some freelance English editting for a local news agency.  I slept most of Sunday.  I still have painful tinges in one of my lymph nodes today, but I can eat food which is something that I have not been able to do for a week.

I think that one of the hardest things about living overseas is finding a decent doctor who speaks English.  I thought finding a decent doctor was difficult when I was in Las Vegas.  Looking back, that was a cakewalk.
boxinbcn says:
I hope you're feeling better... The doctor thing is definitely easier in Poland - Warsaw, anyway!
Take care, steve
Posted on: Oct 03, 2007
sybil says:
yikes! feel better soon. as my mom would say: "drink lots of liquids." although there's a caveat: "not the alcohol kind." :D
Posted on: Oct 02, 2007
CrazyLisa says:
Awww feel better soon!
Posted on: Oct 02, 2007
Baku Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Pizza Holiday
While there is Azeri Pizza (usually found as "Pisa" in a menu), it is usually not that good. The first pizza I had in Azerbaijan was merely flat brea… read entire review
Baku