I'm a Funny Guy

Baku Travel Blog

Recently, there seems to be this phenomena happening around Baku.  Maybe it is the fact that it has warmed up a little and the sidewalks are not covered with ice and snow.  I do not know, but this has happened several times every day for the past four days so I am getting a little paranoid.  Everytime I go out into the city and I am walking around, I will pass groups of women in their early to mid 20s.  These are usually very attractive and dressed well.  I kind of glance at them and they look at me and then suddenly they all start laughing uncontrollably.  I check myself -- my pants are zipped up, my butt is not hanging out of the back of my pants, no snot hanging out of nose.  Sometimes I run into a nearby toilet just to make sure that I did not accidently glue a small toy face to my face and forgot about it -- no.  Still normal...well, normal for me.  So, I have been wondering why the mere sight of me sends these young and attractive and well-dressed women to the point of laughing hysteria and I have come to the conclusion that I'm a funny guy.

My Legend in Baku Will Be Legendary

First, I created and starred in a ESL children's show in Baku.  Now, we are talking about producing a cartoon to go with it.  (Yes, I might become a computer animator, but not a real animator.)  To top all of this off, I have not been asked to do English recordings for the National Azerbaijani Carpet Museum.  My guess is you push a button when you are near a carpet and my voice will tell you about the carpet.  (Carpets are huge here.)  I am resisting the urge to start each segment with "Hi!  I'm Troy McClure.  You may remember from such films as 'Watch Out for That Flying Carpet, Ali Baba' and 'The Nurses of the Rug Burn Ward."
IceTea says:
what about that puppet did u use it? Cartoons... I love cartoons.
Posted on: Apr 14, 2008
sybil says:
ronnie, you are a superstar over there! you go, boy! ;)
Posted on: Jan 23, 2008
tvillingmarit says:
Oh I love the way you write about your awerage days.
Posted on: Jan 22, 2008