The First Day of Shooting

Baku Travel Blog

Me being extremely camera shy. Yes, I am representing my alma mater, UNLV (the baseball jersey) and my favorite football team, the Indianapolis Colts.
Due to the Ramadan Holiday, the first day of shooting for the television show was pushed back to today.  We shot at Koala Park, which is kind of minor amusement park here in Baku.  It was not too bad.  They were expecting to film the first two sessions today but we actually got the first three done.  Only 9 more to do for now!

My "co-stars" are two 10 year old girls and one 10 year old boy.  The girls are trying really hard to work well with the show, while the boy is saying some really weird things which will probably be edited out.  I will admit that after awhile I got used to having a camera around me, but I still cannot stand to see me on video and hearing my own voice gives me the heebie-jeebies.  So far the highlights of the first day of shooting was me drawing faces on inflated balloons, placing them on my fingers and doing a very bad rendition of Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody (not sure that the camera caught that one) and me talking about a famous singer from the 30s and 40s who sang with a pineapple hat (what was her name?) while having a pineapple on my head.  Tomorrow is a day of editting from 11-3:30 and classes at 4pm.  Friday is more shooting and more classes.  Saturday, I have a workshop that I have to give and more classes.  I have a feeling we might be doing some shoots on Saturday as well.  Things would not be so bad if it were not for the fact that all of the places that I need to go to are scattered throughout the city.
Marius1981 says:
yes, hearing your own voice on tv is creepy!
Posted on: Apr 12, 2008
sybil says:
so cool. i would have loved to watch your version of bohemian rhapsody!!!! mama mia! ;)
Posted on: Oct 17, 2007
tvillingmarit says:
Or Josephine Baker. Its a petty we cant hear your song.
Posted on: Oct 17, 2007
Me being extremely camera shy.  Ye…
Me being extremely camera shy. Y…
photo by: RJawad