Baku Travel Blog› entry 107 of 119 › view all entries
June 11th, 2008 – by: mickeyd302
So today, for the readers of my blog, both known and unknown, I will present my musings about growing older. Feel free to comment; even if you want to write “YOU SUCK”, you may because feedback is feedback.
1. I hate how I am losing the hair on top of my head, but it is growing everywhere else on my body. Everyday when I take a shower, I usually scream, “There?!?! How in the world is a hair growing there?!?! How in the heck did it even get in there?!?!” I am wondering when I became the Missing Link. If this continues, if I am lucky enough to hit 80, I will be growing hair on the bottom of my feet.
2. I am at that age where if I have not been there and done that and do not have the urge to go there and do that then chances are I will not and won’t.
3. I really hate it when I have been hitting on some woman for hours and she tells me that I would be perfect for her mom.
4. The 40s, the perfect age where a man can date a woman attending grad school and her mom!
5. Does the oldest person in the world tell the next to oldest person in the world how easy they have it and tells him “Just wait until you get to be my age”?
6. I counted up the number of times I should have died in my life from almost drowning at the age of 4 to get sideswiped by a semi-truck on a mountain pass to my battles with Crohn’s Disease and Gall Bladder Disease and it came to something like 14. That is not an exact number and I do not feel like trying to count up those rough times. I am lucky to make it to this age. Then, again I will probably do something incredibly stupid tonight to risk everything again. If I was a cat, there would be another cat totally pissed off at me for using up its lives.
7. Most people think that as I have gotten older, suddenly I am more “worldly” and more “mature” and those lines that have started to appear on my face add “character.” I am sure glad that I have them fooled.
8. After seeing how 12 and 13 year old boys act, it makes me wonder if I was that obnoxious when I was around that age. And if I was, what stopped my father from killing me?
9. I do not know the reason why younger women are attracted to older men, but I like it! I do know my social life has been much more active since my late 30s, but that might also be explained by the fact that I am a Yank living in a developing country.
10. When I was younger and thought I knew everything, I knew nothing. Now, that I am older and realize that I know nothing, I understand a lot more.
I am going to bed as it is 1:34am on offically June 11. I have a meeting at 10am so i better sleep. More thoughts are sure to hit me tomorrow.
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!