At the Airport

Frankfurt am Main Travel Blog

The flight from Baku to Frankfurt was not too bad.  I dozed off for a few minutes before the guy next to me elbowed me.   Whenever i fly, there seems to be a battle over the shared armrest.  While flying coach, i always wish that my shoulders were a little more narrow becaue even if I am sitting next to a little old lady who weight less than 100 pounds (about 45kg), she will suddenly think that her shoulders are broader than mine and will elbow my arm.  It is even worse when i am sitting to a guy.  It must be akin to something like rams headbutting each other to prove their manliness.  As men we must get the shared armrest to prove our manliness over our male counterparts.  Maybe if we do, the cute flight attendant will be so impressed with our studliness that she will ask us out.  i don't know...nothing like that has ever happened to me.

i have a 6 hour holdover here.  I met an American oil worker exiting the flight.  We talked for a bit and after being isolated in Nakhchivan, it is nice to just talk to someone who speaks my language.  It is kind of nice to be here this early in the morning.  There are not that many people around and I can watch the sunrise although I am a little bored and can still not go to sleep.
Jopin says:
Oh please! In Malaysia, the men fight over the armrest at the theater... with women!!! That just turns me off. :P
Posted on: Apr 10, 2008
IceTea says:
Hmm I never thought about it but now it makes sense... in a senseless way. What I am saying is I can see the Alpha fight here and the caveman instincts. But I am a woman I have! to roll my eyes. :)
Posted on: Apr 09, 2008