2nd or 3rd Degree? The Hazards of Walking in Baku

Baku Travel Blog

That is not the moon coming out from behind a forest, it is my ankle! And yes, the Wolfman does tell me that I have some extremely hairy legs. Thank you!
Well, I am an idiot.  There!  I said it.  One would think that after being here for so long I would to always keep my eyes open.  Lord knows i have told enough visitors here to do the same, but tonight about 2 hours ago as i was walking home, my mind was on all of the things that I have to get done in the upcoming week and i was not looking where i placed my feet.  The thing with Baku is that there are plenty of holes and cracks in the sidewalks.  If you do not know where you are going it can be hazardous.  The problem is i knew where i was going, i was only about 15 meters from my apartment when my foot found a brand new hole.  Suddenly there was a twist in my ankle and pop and i fell to the sidewalk.  I gather myself but unfortunately I ripped my leather jacket and tore my last decent pair of levis.  My ankle hurt really bad but i still managed to climb the flight of stairs to my apartment.  Upon entering, i was able to get my shoes off.  Looking at my ankle, it looks like I have a baseball growing where my ankle should be.  This would not be so bad if i was drunk...hmmm..I still have an unopened bottle of top-shelf Stoli that might help to kill the pain.  Motrin and vodka, sounds like a good combo.

I have decided that i will not go to the hospital right now, but i will instead try to set up appointment with a clinic where they do speak some English.  I have had a 3rd degree sprained ankle before.  Actually, i think it is the same ankle.  This does not seem so bad.  Putting weight on it is getting to be a little difficult and I am getting ready to soak my ankle in a bathtub of cold water as I do not have any ice.  Just today, someone asked me when I was going to let someone take care of me and get married.  That is a common question here for me.  As of right now, I think that I should get married to a nurse or a doctor.
IceTea says:
LOL Hey Ron my god ur such a good blogger people offer to spend their lives with you. i'm impressed haha... how cute
Posted on: Apr 14, 2008
CrazyLisa says:
Damn those cracks and holes that appear outta nowhere.. The moon rising over the forest looks huge. Hope that cold water is helping!
Posted on: Feb 11, 2008
sybil says:
eeks. hope it is not as serious as it looks.... :(
Posted on: Feb 11, 2008
That is not the moon coming out fr…
That is not the moon coming out f…
photo by: RJawad