On our way to Sofia we stopped and spent the night in Burgas

Burgas Travel Blog

Fountain in the center of Burgas

When we woke up we got ready for the trip back to Sofia. From Fazanovo to Burgas is about 3 hours. We reached around 5 pm as we woke up quite late.

We have an apartment in the center of Burgas, which is great because its walking distance to absolutely everything. The plan was to spend the night, and head out to Plovdiv early the next morning as my brother had to speak with some gallery owners for the Art Show that he is planning to do on his next trip.

Upon reaching Burgas we settled in, and since theres an internet cafe right under the building I spend a couple of hours checking up on things and contacting my husband, as telephone conversations from Bulgaria to the US are very expensive.

Going down the main street

Then we headed out and walked around. My moms high school friend came to the apartment, and we went to walk around and find somewhere to sit and have a drink. After walking around a while we found a bar/restaurant right on the beach.

Finally my brother and I headed out to see the dance clubs of Burgas. After walking around for a while we decided to stop in one that was right on the beach itself, and a wooden platform dance floor was set up. The cover charge was almost double than the rest of the clubs, but it was well worth it. After grabbing a drink and dancing a while we realized the reason the charges were double was because "Absurt" the Bulgarian hip-hop group were going to perform. Im not a big fan myself, but my brother loves them.

The performance was great, and we had a blast! The only thing was that at one point of the night a car that let out a strange gas passed on the street in front of the club.

In the Water Garden
The whole beach and club got all smoky, and after asking around we found out that they were spraying for mosquitoes. Which was absolutely horrid as we were all out there dancing, and they were spraying poison. It was quite disgusting. Finally, when our feet could no longer hold us up, we decided to head home. The camera was dead, the club was getting boring, and we were all cubbed out :-)

Rather than catching a cab however, we decided to grab one last beer with what money we had left, and walk back home. About a half hour walk through the backstreets. Crazy enough, at 4 am the streets were still full with people walking around! So much life.

The club