Leaving Fazanovo - Trip to Sofia

Bulgaria Travel Blog

Menelai

The next morning we got ready and packed our bags. Said goodbye to my grandmother and to my little Fazanovo, and drove away. This...ever since I was little, is the most painful journey ever. Driving away from Fazanovo, knowing that I wont be returning at the end of the night is very sad to me. Last chance to smell the cow manour as we drive by the farm and the sweetness of the forest and the flowers as we closer to the river. Looking around you slowly descent from the hill down towards the Black Sea, and the forest eventually starts to fade behind you, and the sun hits you as you exit the shadows of the trees, and start feeling the tears trickle down your cheek.

This time as we were leaving my family was in a deep discussion about SOMETHING and finally I had to just tell them to just shut it at least until we reach Lozenets, as I just wanted to consentrate on every little image that passed by me, every smell, and sound.

Grandma and Flowers
...I didnt want not one distraction...I wanted to fill myself with the energy of this incredible place and hold onto it as long as possible. However, once we reached Lozenets, the smell of Fazanovo had left my nostrils, and I could no longer grasp it. How long until I find my peace again and return to my little paradise?

We drove primarily in silence as we headed towards Burgas. When we reached we dropped off the car to our friend Mitaka, who was waiting for us there for the car and taking it back to Fazanovo as he was on his way to visit my grandmother. As my cousin had just gotten married, his new family was visiting the apartment, so we very quickly just dropped off the luggage there and bid our goodbyes as we headed towards the train station and bus station to see which would be available that evening.

The house

After working out the tickets, and walking around Burgas aimlessly a while, my mom had a school reunion to go to as her friends had gathered all of her classmates specifically for her visit. So my brother, grandma and I headed back to the apartment to relax a little. Unfortunately it was overrun by the new family and we just dropped my grandmother off and my brother and I headed out aimlessly walking around without much to do.

At this point, we were too tired to go to a club and drink, we were actually a little bored, but we didnt want to go back to the apartment because we didnt really feel like spending any time with them...though I would have loved to spend some time with my cousins as they didnt even take a couple of minutes to spend with us. Anyway......arg....we walked around, took a couple of pictures, and drank a beer or two.

The house from the back (still under construction)

Found my mom, and once she was finished we headed back to the apartment to pick up the luggage and my grandmother, and we headed over to the bus stop. The bus picked us up at 1 am, and at that point I was ready to sleep, and once we sat down and got sittuated, I have no memory of the trip until we reached Sofia.

We spent the day in Sofia walking around and enjoying the sights, it was very interesting because it was a Sunday, and everyone was still on the coast for the weekend, and Sofia was a ghost town. Barely any people on the streets, and bruling hot. After enjoying Sofia a while, we headed home to pack, and were at the Airport the next morning at 5 am. I dont have much memory of the flight back, though it was quite a depressing one. Eventhough I was happy to be coming home and seeing my husband. The trip overall was just amazing because I had the chance to find my roots and see my beautiful country.

The house
The house from the back (still und…
The house from the back (still un…
Menelai!