Hungover the next morning - Running out of water

Fazanovo Travel Blog

Grandmas Flowers

After a nice 4 hour sleep, I woke up around 12:30 to find everyone else still passed out. My mom and grandmothers were up, but both my club companions were still gone. So I enjoyed a moment of relaxation and walking around the yard, breathing in the sweet air, and listening to the music of the birds around me. In my last post I forgot to mention, that after my cousin went to sleep, I stayed up watching the sun, and sitting silently watching and listening to the liastovichki flying restlessly and singing. For about a half an hour I watched them as a swarm of bees frantically buzzing back and forth low in the sky, as if a morning workout.

Now that it was noon, I went to the same place I had watched the liastovichki just a couple of hours ago, and even they have hidden themselves into their little nests from the heat.

Boiling hot sun was glaring down at us.

Shortly after I took a few shots around the yard, my brother and cousin finally managed to pull themselves up. At this point we realized that there was no more bottled water, and the store had already closed for the morning and wont open up again until about 7 pm. So I grabbed my cousin and we walked down to the natural spring in the forest with two jugs.

Even in the forest shade you could feel the heat, it was like being in a steamroom. We walked down the little pathway to the spring, and along side I saw a couple of stumps I had taken pictures of before, on my last trip. I couldnt lose the chance to taking a picture of them with my brothers new camera...so I explored for a while and took some shots of moss and stumps and forest.

My favorite tree stump!

Reaching the spring we realized that someone had put a focet on it, and stopped it...which isnt a very smart thing to do as thats when the bacteria forms. And under the focet was a little metal pan filled to the top with water, surrounding it, piled on top of eachother, were bees and wasps, buzzing around and pushing eachother in order to get to the edge of the pan of water. The creek which was formed by the spring was all dried up. At that point I started to turn back home, as I wasnt ready to fight such a number of bees, however...my cousin stepped up to the plate, and with a very painful look upon his face, he managed to get both jugs filled.

We left the jugs behind for a while and kept going down the little path a while, up until there was a break in the trees and the sun hit us. The path was uncovered for far too long, and exposed rock and cliff on the pathway is a perfect place for snakes to warm up. So, since I was wearing flipflops and shorts, I figured I'd pass up the exploration further, as there is a snake in the area that once it sees you, not only does it attack, but chases you. Its venom can kill you in about 45 minutes. I figured I'd leave the walk, and not take my chances.

an upside down beetle