Enjoying Lozenets with the family

Lozenets Travel Blog

Chechi Stefan and Baba Gani

After waiting for about 45 minutes for the "marshrutka" (minivan busses that clost about 3 leva each person that take you from one town to the next), my brother and I decided that a taxi will cost us about the same and grabbed one up. We had worked it out with my mom, since we didnt have a car, and since my cousin had to leave, to meet up in Lozenets so we could have a nice dinner and see some friends.

My mother was about 45 minutes late, and my brother and I walked around aimlessly from store to store. I was a little down and tired, and had no interest in doing anything really. All of the nights out and crazy beach days had finally caught up to me, and I wasnt up for walking. Finally we found a bench near where we had decided to meet up and waited.

Koko and Stefan

Eventually finding my family we then waited for our friends to arrive. These friends, whom whe've known the family for over.....I would say about 12-14 years have two sons. My family watched their older son for the most of his growing up, as they worked with my parents in the Casino, and did the overnight shift. We always had a grandmother visiting, and my brother was old enough to take care of us at that point. Well, this same kid, little 5 year old Koko, is now graduated from high school and is starting college! Living on his own in a dorm and picking up girls!!! To me that was such an amazing sight! And his little brother, whom I remember seeing his mom with the big belly, is now almost as tall as his brother! It really was a nice awakening! And really nice reunion!

From there we headed back to Fazanovo where I got to see my old best friend from when I used to spend every summer there. Blagovest was my little partner in crime. Seeing him was yet another splendid reunion, as I hadn't seen him in over 11 years. Really was great catching up.

Koko, Bobi, and Stefan