Daytripping, DC style!

Washington Travel Blog

Top of Washington Monument

I have been to DC 5 times now, with the first time being back in 1990 with my government class.   I have always loved this city because of the history and the amount of activities you can do.  My daughter loves to travel and has been curious about DC.  She also loves to fly, so a few days ago I decided I would take her on a day trip to Washington while mom was working.   My daughter had wanted to see some of the monuments, especially the Lincoln Memorial.

We took a morning Northwest Airlink flight to Reagan National Airport and then rode the Metro to L'Enfant Plaza.   We walked around all day to the various monuments and then ended up at the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum for the last two hours.    At around 5pm, we took the Metro back to DCA airport and caught NW Airlink back to Indy.    The flight was routine and we were back in Indy at around 8:30pm.  My daughter was really excited and told mom all about her fun day!

vulindlela says:
Always a great city to visit!
Posted on: Jul 27, 2015
WalterC says:
Wow, it has been so long since I have been to DC. I need to make a return trip there sometime soon.
Posted on: Jul 27, 2015