Portobello Road Market

Notting Hill Travel Blog

Pretty much a giant outdoor flea market.  Lots of little trinkets and stuff for sale.  This place was crazy crowded.  If you don't like being in crowds then this will not be fun for you.  There is not a lot of room for "personal space".  Be prepared for people bumping into you.  Also, watch out for pickpokets.  This is a very good environment for that.  I noticed a lot of people walking around with their backpacks on the FRONT of their bodies.

After walking down the road for a few blocks we came to the "food" part of the market.  Lots of venders with their different foods and snacks.  That's when it got interesting for me.  I had some Greek pastries made of Phylo filled with spinach.  Then I had some locally grown fruits.  Then I found a Greek stand and got some Dolmados.  Then i found an ice cream vendor and got a cone "vanilla".  Then a little further down the road I saw an Italian food stand.  Then (I know, lot's of "then's") I saw a bakery and got some pastries.  I basically ate my way down the rest of Portobello Road.

Kate_Rach says:
we visited here while in london, it was really neat. we sat on the balcony of a coffee shop and wrote in our journals while watching the people go by.
Posted on: Sep 04, 2007
Inside one of the Greek shops.
Inside one of the Greek shops.
different color buildings