I need an umbrella...

Prague Travel Blog

And it wasn't for rain.  The tourguides around Prague have umbrellas that they hold up, and since I'm playing tourguide for my parents...

I met them at the airport since I knew how it all worked.  I got there ridiculously early, but managed to keep myself occupied...though I forgot to get their metro tickets.  I did, however, make a sign that had our last name on it, just like the ones that some other people had.  Just in case Mom and Dad forgot what I looked like and needed a hint.

They came, they remembered me, and they laughed at the sign.  From there we went to their hotel so they could drop off their suitcases, then we went to Andel mall for metro tickets and something to drink.  Plus I wanted to show them where I'd been.  From the mall we took the tram and we ended up at Old Town Square.   There, I showed them around the square, the school, the coffee shop and we caught a bus tour of the city.  We got off at the castle and walked around until we had to meet the bus again.

While they were in Praha, we went to the castle properly, we also went to the zoo where it rained and rained and rained on us.  We also went to Vysehrad, and I showed them Jama and other areas.  Our one trip out of Praha was to Plzen, where we toured the beer factory, brought no samples home though.  What they sell to bring home I could buy in the normal supermarkets.  I saw my parents off at the airport, and it wasn't much longer before I'd leave Praha too.  But it wasn't for the US, it was for Spain.

And this ends the Praha journal.

Prague