Rothenburg- how I've missed thee!

Rothenburg ob der Tauber Travel Blog

Leaving Kaiserslautern, I changed trains in Frankfurt, then again in Weurzburg and Steinach (obviously, that's always there).  On the way, I got to practice a little German.  Walking into Rothenburg was a little weird, since it was covered in snow and I wasn't going to see anyone in particular.  I got in early enough to do what I wanted around town (visiting old haunts, except for Mario's...couldn't do that without the others...didn't feel a need to go to Molkerei either).  Ate dinner at the pizzeria near where I used the live since the one across from the school was closed for the season.  And the school being closed...Rothenburg seemed real empty.  I snapped a few pics around, but it all just seemed...sad.

I definitely wasn't the same without the Goethe people around.

I left the next day for Prague...and was that a train ride from Hell.  And to boot- I got off at the wrong Praha stop.  Instead of getting off at Praha Nadrazi (main train station), I got off at Praha Andel (out where I used to live in Prague 5).  Yeah, that wasn't fun.  But I made it back with a bottle of Franconian wine and a box of Frosted Flakes.

Rothenburg ob der Tauber