Puffins!!!

Kirkwall Travel Blog

The first thing in the morning was a long walk to the ferry, back to Papa Westray. Before my flight back, I've had few hours to complete my small-island exploration. The weather was wonderful! Blue sky with some small cumullus'es. I went to the highest cliffs on the island. They weren't such impressive as the ones on Westray, but I saw something else. Puffins!!! My first puffins!!! It was just a couple sitting on a rock. They were flying to the sea and coming back with tiny silver fish. I wish my camera didn't have a long lense! Excited and happy I came back to the "airport" (terminal building is a size of public toilet). When the plane arrived, the pilot went out smiled and invited me on board. He didn't even check my ticket or any list!!! 1,5 minute jump to Westray (with a family enjoying guiness book shortest sheduled flight) and second, longer, 20 minutes jump back to the capital (Kirkwall). This part I was thavelling only with a pilot! Couldn't stop myself to say: "Kirkwall please!". Ok... I stopped myself... :). For a night I went to local campsite.

Aditu says:
lol, nothing like having your own private plane and pilot huh!! That's sweet.
Posted on: Aug 18, 2007