To fly or not to fly? Going north.

Prestwick Travel Blog

A day before I was completly ill. Today morning I had to decide: to fly or not to fly? I felt much much better so of course: positive - Scotland is calling! ;) I wasnt travelling alone that day. I've had some Scottish lads visiting me, so we all together were heading to Scotland. They were going home, me - to explore Orkney!  The flight from Okecie Airport was very pleasent. We landed in Glasgow Prestwick about midday. Thanks to airline - train company cooperation, we've got free return train tickets to anywhere in Scotland valid on days of flights. Couldn't choose better. Thurso please! The norhest, furthest place in Scotland reached by railway! After short change in Glasgow we were heading north to Inverness - capital of Highlands. On the way the scottish lads got off the train in Carrbridge near Aviemore. From this moment there was only me and... Scotland :) I know Inverness. Used to work around here for ten months in 2004/2005. The city is very nice and quiet. I've arrived about 5 pm and quickly found a bed (the last one) in Backpackers Hostel in High Street (in front of Marks & Spencer). I can honestly recommend the place! That was long journey in one day...
Prestwick