A new venue

Ottawa Travel Blog

The Blanchard River

I'm not from Ottawa; I'm actually from a town about 30 minutes away. I've never been in Ottawa for this long a period of time. I did do my driver's test here when I was 16 because word around the street was they were easy(lol). I'm here because I'm staying with my older sister for the summer, and she's the one with room for me, and the one sister I really haven't had the chance to get to know because she's 8 years older than me. Everytime there was a major stone to step over, she was either graduating from high school, or in college or getting married.

I think the town is as small as my hometown, but Ottawa has a Wal-Mart and every fastfood place known to man. While the residential area might seem small (because half of the population of every small town in Ohio is located on a farm within the corporation, and not in town), business is booming here. I appreciate the access to a Wal-Mart, because I will only end up going back to Colorado where the nearest Wal-Mart (or cheap grocery shopping) is a 30 min. drive away. Goh! I'm spoiling myself here in Ottawa, with everything at my fingertips!

I took a couple of pictures of the area around her apartment where we stay. We are very near the Blanchard River, and so a couple of them are of that. One is also of a thorn vine encompassing the trunk of a tree on the banks of the Blanchard.

Banks of the Blanchard