Beirut Travel Blog› entry 1 of 1 › view all entries
This small country, the smallest in the
2) Phoenicians built the 1st boat and they were the first to sail ever! They were traders, involved in international trade between the Middle Eastern hinterland, and countries around the
3) Phoenicians also reached
4) The Phoenicians created the first Alphabet. It was written by Cadmus in
6) The country was occupied by over 16 countries: (Egyptians • Hittites • Assyrians • Babylonians • Persians - Alexander The Great army - Roman Empire Byzantine - Arabian Peninsula - The Crusaders - the Ottoman Empire •
8) The only
9) The 1st law school in the world was built in
10) The name
11) The name CEDAR (
12) The name of the BIBLE comes from the name of our city
13) Jesus Christ made his 1st miracle in
14) The Phoenicians were the first converts to Christianity after the Jews (appears in Matthew 15:21)
15) It is the only country in the whole
17) 40% of the Lebanese people are Christians, the highest % in all ME countries.
19) It is the only non-dictatorial country in the Arab world
22) It has 40 daily newspapers.
23) It has 42 universities.
24) It has over 100 banks (not branches)
25) 70% of the students are in private schools.
26) It has a literacy rate as high as 90%
27) Most Lebanese speak at least 3 languages (Arabic / English / French); they are all taught in schools till university.
28) There are 4.2 Million Lebanese in
29) And around 18 Million Lebanese outside
30) Lebanese are very friendly people.
31) Lebanese have a very rich cuisine hhhhhhmmmmm
32) There are over 350 Pubs & Clubs in the City of
33) Your evening out, could start as early as 20:30 and end it at 06:00 morning J
34) You can carry two currencies in your pocket (LBP & USD).
36) You could practically do many kinds of sports activities, like: Scuba-Diving, Parapente, Skiing, Hiking, Cycling, Water-skiing, Sailing, Horse-Riding, Tennis, Golf, Rock-Climbing, Hunting etc…