I love Norwich

Norwich Travel Blog

one day my nice friend lucy and her friends took me to the dinosaur park in norwich. i about died.
A friend of mine spent her year abroad at the University of East Anglia in Norwich and couldn't stop talking about how much she loved it there. I couldn't imagine it was much different than UKC, so I didn't understand why she had such a great year and I wasn't doing so hot. Then I went to visit some friends in Norwich.

It might not be much to look at, but Norwich has a lot of heart. I stayed with my friend Lucy and her boyfriend Pete, who plays in a British punk band. Actually, I stayed with a whole house full of British punk rockers, which is not somewhere you ever really expect to be. I say this with total sincerety: those were some of the nicest people I had ever met in my life.

The guy whose room I stayed in (he invited me before he'd ever met me) had a very young son whose artwork was plastered all over the walls, right next to the Ramones and Sex Pistols posters. It was this father and son whom Lucy, Pete, and I took to the dinosaur park, and we had a wonderful time. They were so generous and polite, I could see why my friend from the states chose to move back. After the park, we made dinner and caught a show - punk, of course. I remember being happy the entire time I was there. The most heated debate anyone had was over Marmite, and everyone seemed to genuinely care for each other. I'm really glad that I went.
one day my nice friend lucy and he…
one day my nice friend lucy and h…
check it out! raptors!
check it out! raptors!
a pterodactyl in the tree!
a pterodactyl in the tree!
coolest picture ever.
coolest picture ever.
ahhh. a dream come true.
ahhh. a dream come true.
Norwich Sights & Attractions review
A note on the rating: dinosaurs are my favorite thing ever in life, so I'd give it five stars even if it was just a guy on a bench doing a dinosaur-th… read entire review
Norwich