Time to fly back around the bend...i mean the entire curvature of the earth...

Centennial Travel Blog

Gearing up to go into the simulator
Hey everyone! You have obviously found your way to my new travel blog. I am going to do things this way instead of the e-mails this year since I can post as many pictures as I want, and you will always be able to just go back and look at the previous entries instead of searching for past e-mails.

First of all to anyone I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to.... Goodbye, and take good care of yourselves!

Im sitting in my giant suite here in Centennial CO, which I am sharing with Andre, another Fire Department Lieutenant. This place is remarkably nice, 1,000 sq feet full kitchen great breakfast everyone morning. My past couple of days have been both greuling and great. Greuling because they consisted of long boring OSHA training classes* and of course on ice orientation**. Great because with each moment we get closer to New Zealand and The Ice, in fact, tomorrow we have our final safety training until about lunch then it's off to the airport. This year, thanks to the Intenational date line, Aug 17th simply wont exsist for me... so don't expect much from me on that day. We are scheduled to his The Ice on the 20th if all goes to plan, and I sure hope it does... not that I could really complain about another day in CHCH***.

Anyway, i'm going to go finish packing my things for tomorrow then bed down for the long day of classes and flying tomorrow. Just so everyone knows I may not be back online until I hit the ice, but comment of e-mail me MTFD528@aol.com and I promise ill get back to you as soon as possible.

*Confined Space safety, electrical safety, lock-out/tag-out, etc., etc.
**This is the same orientation I had last year... just less organized, and I had an extra 3 hours of supervisor training....woo. ***For those of you knew or who may have forgotten CHCH is the USAP**** abbreviation for Christchurch NZ
****United States Antarctic Program*****
*****I really enjoy using asterisks.

Here is one picture of me at Aircraft Rescue Fire Fighting training in Salt Lake....
photo by: mtfd528