Ritzy Beach town

Tibau Travel Blog

Boat left tied up when the tide went out

A few people from my hostel in Salvador recommended Pipa as a worthwhile stop.  Getting there was a bit less convenient than I was used to.  I had to catch a bus that was headed to Natal at full price and get off two thirds of the way in a town called Goaininha.  Then I took an unmarked taxi in the dark for a half hour ride to my fantastic pousada.

Pipa was the most upscale stop that I have had to date.  All of the designer light shops sold top brand beachwear at top end prices.  This was more of a romantic getaway than as advertised as a surfers hangout, although the surf did seem to be pretty good.  Since then girl on my mind was on a different continent I was not really in the mood for a romantic getaway.

The bolder scattered beaches were OK but definitely not fantastic.  Praia dos Golfinhos was the best beach which could only be reached along the rocky sore when the tide was out.  I spent a day there with an english speaking marine biologist student trying to get some photos of the dolphins swimming nearby.  Unfortunately they were busy eating and were not in the mood to jump and play as Ricardo ensured me that they usually did.

There was not a lot to do here for a a solo single guy so I moved on after a couple nights.

Boat left tied up when the tide we…
Boat left tied up when the tide w…
fancy shopping street