Neuschwanstein

Schwangau Travel Blog

Neuschwanstein!

Today I visited Neuschwanstein Castle.  It was one of those places that I've just always wanted to see.  As a kid, my brother had a poster of it on his wall, and I remember being so impressed with the look of it.  It was a fairly warm day, and the hike up to the castle definitely winded me.  After reaching the castle, and taking it in up close, I pushed on to Marienbrücke, the bridge that offers a spectacular view of the castle.  After that I walked down to the stream below the bridge and had a great view of the bridge.  Wonderful time.

To get to Neuschwanstein from Munich,  I took a train to Füssen and a bus from Füssen to Schwangau.  From there it's a hike up to the castle.

I did not tour the inside of the castle.  I wanted to, but the wait was long, and as this was my last day in Germany, I had a few sights back in Munich that I wanted to see, so after taking in the beauty of the area, I headed back to Munich.

X_Drive says:
We did the inside, but I couldn't do the hike to the bridge because of a bad knee. Only a small section was completed and no pictures are allowed inside.
Posted on: Aug 21, 2007
Neuschwanstein!
From the train, one of the stops o…
From the train, one of the stops …
On the hike up