Krak贸w - day 1

Krakow Travel Blog

So ... after "Bus, Train, Bus, Train" I finally made it to Krak贸w.  At dworzec g艂owny (the main bus/train station) I came across some folks trying to sell me on their hostel.  They had set it up in the dorms of Jagiellonian University, so you'd never share a room with more than one other person, or a bathroom with more than three others.  Seeing it was late, it didn't take much to sell me on the idea, and I agreed.  They shuttled me there with a Norwegian couple, they (the Norwegians) were speaking (in Norwegian) and then she told me (in English) that the driver was really angry with the hostel employees (he was complaining to them in Polish).  I asked which other languages she spoke, and she said her degree was in Slavic linguistics, so she'd also studied Czech and  Serbo/Croatian.  That impressed me, at the time I was studying both Russian and Polish & was considering a more formal degree in Slavic studies (though I have since broadened that concentration.  The Masters I'm now pursuing is TransAtlantic Studies).  Anyway, aside from that car ride with the two Norwegians, nothing much to report from my first evening in Krak贸w.
the_bill says:
I think we missed being here at the same time by about 2 days.
Posted on: Aug 14, 2008