Krakow - day 3

Krakow Travel Blog

So many pigeons! :D

Today my friend Ieva (from earlier blog entries) arrived in Poland.  She had never been here before, and decided to spend a couple days while I was here so we could both explore together.  We just did some basic sightseeing - Rynek Głowny, Wawel Hill - each time we tried to go in any place, it seemed to have just closed before we got there, but we saw all the good sights from outside! :D  When I was in Lithuania, it came up that Ieva had never had a margarita, so I found a Mexican restaurant & we ate there.  I hate to say it, as much as I love Krakow, that just wasn't Mexican food, not even close, and the margaritas were pretty poor too.  And what's funny to end that story, two nights later, she wanted to have me try some Georgian cusine, and we found a Georgian restaurant (only about a block away from the Mexican restaurant), and she said the same thing, about it being pretty crappy Georgian food.  Oh well, the other time we ate in Krakow proper it was quite good, so no worries about food there if you are planning on going.

zaga says:
As for food, next time try to find a 'milk bar' (bar mleczny) a crucial relic of communist times, a must on every tourist's list, hihi. It's a form of pseudo-home made food for masses. extremely cheap. I took my bf there - two meals consisting of soup and a main course and juice for the horrendous price of 8 zl, hihihi ;)
Posted on: Sep 02, 2007