Copenhagen to Stockholm

Stockholm Travel Blog

In the morning (still in Copenhagen) I went more structured by the map: Christianborg Palace, parliament, Rosenborg once again - had lunch near Tivoli & then on to a train to Sweden.

The train ride was ... hmmm, I don't remember, but around 8 hours I think - we got held up just before getting to Stockholm, the (American) family sitting behind me was really worried that they'd miss their connection - anyway, it was by far the nicest train I was in my whole time in Europe (well, ever, for that matter), but something was messed up with my ticket, or more precisely, how it was printed, I had no seat assigned to me, yet it was an assigned seating train.  And no, I wasn't misreading it, I asked two different conductors which seat was mine & they couldn't tell.  So after getting bumped from a seat about four times, I finally got to a seat that nobody ever claimed.  Aside from that, there really wasn't anything remarkable about the ride.  We went through Malmö & it was a long bridge to get there, plenty of trees, relaxing ride.

When I got to Stockholm, all the hotels near the train station were fully booked and a really nice desk clerk at one of them was kind enough to call around to some other hotels & found me one (Anno 1647 ... apparently part of that building was from 1647).  By the time I got to the hotel it was dark.  I ate at a pub, watched France defeat Spain and that was really about it.

Stockholm