Language problems

Elblag Travel Blog

Dear readers,

Yesterday at 17.30 I arrived at Elblag trainstation. I thought everything went well. I had a nice trip and a list of hotels and youth hostels with me.. However, I quickly discovered that almost al polish people don't speak english or german. Some of them couldn't even find their hometown on the map I showed them :) So after walking and searching for three hours I discovered that I was looking for a non existing youthhostel. I headed for my last option, stop a taxi, and let him drive me to the nearest camping. Of course he only spoke polish, but with a few russian words I know he understood. It also meant that I had to put up my tent in the almost dark. But I have suceed as you will see on the pictures, and I think I did a pretty good job.

Today I am doing fine. I've seen the old city part. By the way, I went to this city because some of my ancestors lived here 200 years ago. And back then, they spoke dutch here! Anyway, the city is beatifull with medieval structures everywhere. As for the coming days I want to go to the sea (30 km to the north), and visit the city of Malbork.

So, untill the next journal entry then. And don't forget to take a look at the pictures of the last days.

About my location