First words from Moscow

Moscow Travel Blog

Dear readers,

It's 20.22 moscow time now. I realised I haven't written anything for some time. So here it comes.

My trip to Moscow was pretty comfortable. The distance is about the same as Bukarest-Kiev, but this time it took me only 8 hours to cover it. My train was relatively comfortable, and so was the speed on the new track. In the train I met a Russian man, and after I asked him one question about life in the communism era, he kept talking for 3 hours. I know a lot now :) So, wednesday morning I arrived at my youthhostel called 'lenin hostel'. How suprisingly, since Lenin is still everywhere to find in the city.

My first trip was of course to the Red Square and the Kremlin. I did this with some dutch guys I met in my hostel.

Cathedral
Over there we found the buildings which everybody knows from pictures. Nice. The Kremlin turned out to cost 10 euro's entrance. I decided not to do this, since Russia was allready earning enough money on me. Especcialy when you realise that the entrance is free for Russian students. I also went to see Lenin's body in the mausoleum. Not very special, a lot of guards and rules for a plastic looking doll. However many people were impressed by the 'unique atmosphere'.

In the days after, I just walked around the city a bit, and rested a lot.  Especialy worth a visit is the Tsarinsky castle just out of the centre. It will open on the 1st of september. You can see all this on the pictures of course.

Today I've visited the Russian exhibition centre. A very large place, where you find a lot of things you just don't understand! Airplanes, big paviljons - most of them under reconstruction, and of course Lenin.

To be continued..

williamsworld says:
This a place I really want to visit.
Posted on: Jan 10, 2011