Broken nights

Brasov Travel Blog

Dear readers,

Yesterday evening I walked to the trainstation of Budapest Keleti-Pulyaudvar. My train to Brasov, Romania, was supposed to leave at 23.15. It became 00.15, and at that time I was safely in a seat :) A seat was cheaper and required no reservation, but it also means a bit different sleeping position. Off course the customs and conductors are good at waking you up in the middle of the night, but there are also some advantages coming with a seat. When the sun rises around 5.25 am you wake up because rays of light are emerging over the hills of western romania. I don't think there is a better way to wake up.
At 12.38 pm I arrived with 90 minutes delay. Well, If you forget to change your watch to +2GMT it's not so bad. Romania's nature is even more beautifull than I expected.

On my way to Brasov

Budapest was 33 degrees, with little drop back in the evening. So I left Budapest, with little clothing on. When I arrived in Brasov it was 18 degrees, thunderstorming and raining. And then... you get lost, and there is no place to shelter. But some Romanian guy took his car and brought me to my hostel.
Tomorrow I will go with an organised tour to Rasnov, Bran (dracula's castle) and Sinaia. It's supposed to be beautifull. Tomorrow will probably also be my last journal entry for a long time. Because I planned to go into the mountains on 12 august and stay there for 4 to 7 nights, without any luxury.

So until tomorrow. I will upload pictures later, if that's possible at all at this computer :)

fluturas says:
Well what can i say...?Depends how u see things...and i love my hometown!
Posted on: Nov 28, 2007