Beautifull trip

Kosice Travel Blog

Dear readers,

Today I have been in Kosice. The trip from Poland was realy wonderfull. The south of Poland is filled with green hills and forests, because it´s near the high tatra mountains. The distance between Krakow and Kosice is only about a few hundred kilometres, but the trip took me 9 hours by train. Usually I have no problems spending such hours. You somehow get used to it, you learn to appreciate looking at a nice scenery moving by. Or just learn the art of ´thinking with your eyes closed´. And after all, I have enough reading material for the rest of my life: my bible.
At 21.00 hours I arrived in Kosice. Not a nice time if you still need to find a youth hostel. But after having payed too much money to the taxi driver, I finally settled in an old university flat. I seemed to be one of the only visitors, and the concierge only spoke slovakian or a few words of russian. The shower water was cold, and brown for the first 5 minutes, but again I survived.

The city was not as big as I thought. It only had a few big shopping streets in the centre, with a lot of old buildings and churches on it. So after a few hours I had seen it all, and I got to the train station to leave for my next city: Budapest

Tomorrow I will try to upload the pictures.

Cheers.