Back to Edinburgh...

Carbisdale Travel Blog

Culloden Battlefield Memorial

After what I'd call a lovely lovely night, woke up that morning fairly late and left around 10am. It was sunny and I'd become good friends with Brad who was good company throughout the journey. The only problem being that the final leg was boring.

Our first stop was the Culloden Battlefield. We went for a walk with an explanation on the significance of this place. I personally found it boring. Next stop was lunch stop at Kingusse - pub lunch in a non-descript city. I had fish and chips. From there we went to Hermitage Brae which is just a waterfall, and not a very good one!

Final stop was Dunkeld Cathedral where we went for a walk, before we headed back to Edinburgh via the Forth Rail Bridge. It was about 5pm when we reached. After the mandatory exchange of email addresses and goodbyes, I headed to the railway station to catch a train to Glasgow.

I was going to Glasgow to meet my B.Eng classmate Vaiji (B.E = undergrad, for you Yanks reading this!)  who lives with her husband and daughter. The train ride took around 1 hour, I was there for dinner time and felt nice eating home made food after a long time.

Their flat is lovely, it's on the 4th floor and overlooks the River Clyde. My room had a wall size window, it was particularly lovely at night with the streetlights turned on. Vaiji and I chatted on good ol' times till about 2am before calling it a night. She had a meeting the next day at 9am. And I had BIG plans for Culzhean Castle!

Carbisdale