Weekend Dive in Pulau Dayang, an Island of Malaysia

Dayang Travel Blog

*******************************************************

This place is not part of Singapore but could easily be visited from Singapore. This is just a bus ride to a dock in JB then one boat ride away.

*******************************************************

A week after holy week,  I had my check out dive in Pulau Dayang. A friend's friend backed out from her SCUBA course and needed someone as a replacement. And since I have wanted to go diving, my friend dragged me to join her into it. After few lectures and pool sessions. We went to Pulau Dayang. This island can be reached from Singapore by taking a coach ride for 3 to 4 hours, then 4 hours by boat. This is quite far. The long trip was all worth it since I had to learn to move underwater using SCUBA. After two days (5 dives), I am now a certified SSI diver!!!!!

I am planning to go home and dive a lot! The Philippines is regarded as the Mecca for scuba divers. I am not sure if that is an exaggeration, I need to find that out myself!

This weekend was surely a blast, learning new things, and learning something new about myself. Most of the time, I was calm but there was this dive (4th dive) that I panicked. The strong wave got into me. My instructor pulled me down and calmed me when I was under water. Underwater is a totally different world. I miss the air from the tank now. It is really addictive.

**************************

I don't have underwater shots yet. I am still looking for an underwater camera. :)

Dayang