Singapore Hawkers

Singapore Travel Blog

This is where locals normally eat. Hawkers are seen anywhere and everywhere here in Singapore. One can find good variety of food here, Singaporean, Malaysian, Chinese, Indian, Thai and even American (Botak Jones). I was also surprise to see some with Filipino stores. My personal favorite would be Char Kwey Teow (noodles with dark sweet sauce), Beef Horfun (thick noodles with beef), Hookien Mee (another noodles with prawn), Chicken Wings, Kaya Fondue, Crispy Fried Baby Squid and a lot more! If you want to go healthy, you may go for Yong Tau Fu! :)

If I have no time to cook or get fed up of fast food, I would normally go tapaw (take-away) from these hawkers. Normally, my friends would have Friday night dinner out in our favorite hawker, MakanSutra in Esplanade.

Hawkers are pretty much part of every Singaporeans, locals or migrants. Families would rather eat here than cook. I normally see uncles hang out in some hawkers and drink a bottle of beer. Tourists should try the hawkers, this is the real Singaporean dining experience.
planisphere says:
hahaha mejo! may holiday kasi dito eh. kumain lang ako ng kumain! hahaha
Posted on: Aug 11, 2007
lauro says:
langya ka apo, nag food trip ka na naman :D hahahaha
Posted on: Aug 11, 2007
planisphere says:
sarap nga.. parang karinderyang malinis. :)
Posted on: Aug 07, 2007