MacRitchie Trails

Singapore Travel Blog

When we think of Singapore, the first thing that comes to our mind would be the thought of a concrete jungle, highly urbanized city. I would say, this common perception hold true but Singapore is not only concrete, most areas are totally green. And to think, there's a lot of forested area scattered on this island.

However, the biggest so far that I have seen is in MacRitchie Reservior. There are different designated trails, some are a walk in the park type of hiking and some could be pretty rough. The "pretty" rough hike is an 11 kilometer hike plus some kilometers if you get lost and have to backtrack.

We went there for a teambuilding activity for our group from work. We started together as a group, but after hours of hiking, we went on to different trails! Just like in real life, we are suppose together but in reality, we are not! hahaa woohoo, this has become one of my most interesting team building activities in my entire working life. This has not just brought so much entertainment to the group but totally defeated the purpose of a teambuilding. But no one's to be blamed. :)

The entire hike was pleasant for me, not as hard as my hike in Batad but decent enough for me to feel the moment. I love nature walks and MacRitchie is the right place for that here in Singapore. Well, nothing much here in Singapore anyway when it comes to nature.

For most Singaporeans, their "hiking" is actually shopping. :)
planisphere says:
yeah, bukit timah is a spot to do hiking... :)
Posted on: Feb 23, 2010
TravellingAuntie says:
what about Bukit Timah - is that still a spot to hike?
Posted on: Feb 23, 2010
aoisoba says:
daya nag macritchie kayo!!!!
Posted on: Feb 24, 2008