Little India Short Stop Before I Say Goodbye to Singapore

Singapore Travel Blog

Before Chinese New Year (Feb 7 to 10), I received a job offer from Manila. I accepted the offer.  For the last long-weekend that I would be here, Instead of going to other countries which I did on the past two years (Thailand, Cambodia and China), I decided to stay in Singapore to meetup with friends and to explore places that I have not been to yet.  On board of Bus 65 I only passed by Little India for months and from my bus ride, I got curious with the Hindu Temples that lined Serangoon Street.

It was noon time of Feb 8 where I met up with a friend Anna in Plaza Singapura and went diretly to Serangoon Street. I have not anticipated the noontime heat of Singapore, so I made it fast to take photos. We visited three temples (Sri Veeramakaliamman Temple, Sri Vadapathira Kaliamman Temple, Sri Srinivasa Perumal Temple). However, before I got migraine from too much heat, we hopped on bus 65 to bring us back home. I was not able to taste any food in Little India now explored Mustaffa and Sim Lim. Nothing really eventful happened during my visit except with taking photos of South Indian inspired gopurams. I am always fascinated with them. I wish to see the Meenakshi temple in India. It would be awesome. :)

The rest of my long-weekend was spent with friends and booze and ciggies...:)

tvillingmarit says:
Hope to visit Singapore next spring.
Posted on: May 19, 2008
aoisoba says:
naalala ko wala pa ako pic ni merlion...lech! ahahaha
Posted on: Feb 25, 2008