Walking around downtown Dallas

Dallas Travel Blog

Johnnie overlooking the city at sunset.

My little brother was down from New Jersey visiting me for a week in the summer. We took him to Dallas since it is the biggest city nearby and where he was picking up his flight. We decided to spend some time in Dallas before dropping my bother off at the airport.

When we first arrived in Dallas on Saturday afternoon we took a walk around the downtown area. We saw the courthouse, the book dispository,  the cafe where Bonnie met Clyde, and Jackie O's memorial to the late JFK.
We had dinner at Antares, a 50 story tower with a rotating restaurant on top. We went around 8 pm which was perfect to catch the sun setting over the city. It is a little pricey but well worth it.

Since my brothers plane left early in the morning we did not have time to take him on a tour of the Sixth Floor Museum. So instead my husband and I went after we dropped my brother off. The book dipository is where Lee Harvey Oswald shot JFK, it was made into a museum. I was not alive on Nov 22, 1963 but this museum left me with all the emotions as if I were.

Johnnie overlooking the city at su…
Johnnie overlooking the city at s…
Dallas Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Anateres Reunion Tower
Anateres Atop Reunion Tower is a resturant shapped like a ball on top of a fifty story tower. The ball rotates giving you a 360 view of the city of Da… read entire review
photo by: chiyeh