Niagara........on the Lake

niagara on the lake Travel Blog

was not really sure where I was to have been driving.  Didn't have clear directions.  Stopped at a liquor store to ask which way to go.  The cashier did tell me that I was going the right way, but after I still got lost.....found the highway and decided to take a longer route, but more of a sure thing.

so finally we drove through a multitude of vineyards.  I was not able to sample, but I hear that Niagara produces an awesome Ice Wine.  and finally reaching our destination, we were in downtown (or main street) Niagara-on-the-Lake.

I wanted to taste the wine. No I am not an alcoholic, but Ice Wine sounds great on a warm day in a land not so much like your own.  Dom and I set out on a we walked and talked....Dom showed me his love of adventure and fun.....climbed a tree and did some jumped through some hedges horizontally.  It looked fun, but I was not ready.

After a while and still walking, we decided to turn back as almost an hour had passed and we were not at the wine just yet.  So we set off in the opposite direction.

Getting back to the rest of the party. We walked down Main Street and stopped in a couple of shops.  Picked a very creamy scoop of ice cream.  I hear that everyone that visits gets a scoop while there.  I guess they are famous for this treat.  While licking the delicious cream, we walked toward the lake.  Dom went off on his own.  The rest of the party took some group pictures.  I went over to Dom then went to take some scenic shots of my own, went back to Dom and then finally helped the majority of the party to take pictures with everyone in it.

We headed back to the cars.....some of the group went home....back to Toronto.  My part of the group went back to the Falls....we wanted to see the falls by night.  I had heard that the falls were very different and the atmosphere would be changed.  It had and it was.  All the lights were on....various alternating colours.  Magnificent!  So much power and force coming over, yet peaceful and welcoming.  The ladies in the group were let off near the falls, the guys went for parking and walked down to the falls via some restaurants and more picture taking.

When the night was over....we all walked back to the van.  Dom picked up his backpack and left on his own proceeded  to find a place to rest before crossing over to the States hiking his way to Buffalo.  I drove everyone else home.

niagara on the lake