the arrival

Toronto Travel Blog

got into Toronto Pearson International Airport about 30 minutes late.....

got through customs and out into the terminal.  First thing, called my aunt.  The whole family was at a funeral.

I was told that I should take a taxi to the house, no one would be able to get to me for a little while.  My flight arrived in evening peak hour traffic.

I went downstairs, asked the taxi driver how much it would cost.  The driver stated $83 to Ajax.......

there has to be a more cost effective way......pretty much what I was thinking.  Asked around found out there was an airport shuttle......$53 for airport to door service.....still more than I wanted to spend.  This is when I found out that if I wanted to get over to terminal 1 (I was in terminal 3), I could catch the GO Transit that would be able to get me to Ajax, ON for about $20 (maybe $30).

Took the airport tram to shuttle over to T1.  Finally got to where the the GO was to pick passengers up.  Either the bus was late or early, the bus did not arrive according to schedule.  The timetable said that a bus should arrive every 30 minutes, it was about 40 - 40 minutes that elapsed before a bus arrived.

As the bus arrived, I asked the driver if he went to Ajax.  He said, "No.", but "I could take a connecting bus".  I asked how much.  He said $8.60 including the transfer.  I immediately got on.

If you have time and want to see a bit more of Toronto, take their public transportation.  The GO bus took about 2 hours to get between Toronto Pearson and Ajax, ON in the east end for a fraction of the cost.

When I got to the bus terminal my aunt picked me up.  I ate dinner, some wine soup that I had not had in such a very long time.  It's great being back with family.  My cousins Donna and Kira came over.  We talked and played around a bit.  Kira stayed over and Donna left around midnight.

Toronto General Tips & Advice review
The GO Transit is a very wonderful way to get from destination to destination. I was able to take the bus from the airport to the east end for only a… read entire review
photo by: yasuyo